IT Administrator with IT Diploma/Degree and minimum 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in the Film Post Production environment, required to start asap with a company based in Cape Town.
• IT Diploma or Degree required
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience essential
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing Microsoft deployed systems
• Broadcast Information Technology knowledge and experience preferred
• Microsoft product knowledge essential – OS, Applications (SCCM, Exchange, SQL) required
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management required
• System security and data backup/recovery knowledge required
• Apple Mac Hardware and Software knowledge required
• Knowledge of Virtual Environments (VMWARE/HyperV/Xen) knowledge required
• Knowledge of Databases and networking infrastructure required
• Attend to support calls in terms of Tranformational and Analytical Systems
o Support and assist in all business Applications
o Storage: NAS, Compellent
o Desktop environment – Wndows, Linux, Office 365
o Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, directories. storage etc.
o Install and configure systems – Asset Management applications
o Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
o Maintain system standards
• Operations – ensure compliance with backup and antivirus processes
• Provide System Administration and Application Support
o 1st level support on all Business Applications, new applications, integrated ICT systems
o Analyse, enhance and consolidate business requirements
o Analyse current system processes and design functional requirements
o Assist in designing Project management planning and implementations
o Assist is business readiness process to prepare organisation in implementing new systems
o End-user training
• Manage servers and networking equipment – install, maintain and upgrade Linux and MS Windows-based Servers and Desktops
• Ensure high availability
• Operating system updates, patches and changes
• Maintain disaster recovery protocols and testing
• Analyse system logs
• Arrange repairs for hardware
• Manage user accounts and passwords
• Streamlining and improving processes, systems or networking
• Communication – provide solutions, tickets, diagnostics
• Document all procedures and root cause
• Information security
If you are a South African citizen and your CV meets the above requirements, please respond via email asap.
Recognising that diversity is key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a two week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.