Hello... an exciting new opportunity has just become available in our Insure, Petsure area. We are looking to recruit an IT Manager.
The hands-on Manager will offer technical leadership and oversee the maintenance of the IMS application. Enhance and build new functionality while adhering to software development best practices. This person will also manage the designing, development and maintenance of the appropriate processes to extract the appropriate data at the appropriate frequency and using the appropriate technologies, rules and processes to enable staging/warehousing/administration of the data in a way that facilitates the required MIS reporting and analytics.
* Collaborate with business users to integrate and expose required data. Estimate the time of development work. Follow the progress of development and how it meets estimate and actual timelines.
* Manage the design/development/testing/maintenance of ETL processes, programs and scripts that reflect best practices for data management, error handling, operations logging and alerting, scheduling and job control, etc. and manage the overall ETL architecture.
* Design, model and manage the development of the data warehouse
* Reviewing the IMS application and conducting maintenance on the system to ensure that it is up and running.
* Presenting ideas for system improvements (E.g. upgrades and migration), including cost proposals.
* Monitor database performance
* Establish and administrate database backup and restore protocols including scheduled testing and validation.
* Co-ensure the managing and reporting of IT budget.
* Provide direction for IT team members and Identify opportunities for team training and skills advancement
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* Minimum 5 years' experience planning designing, and developing software
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Business Intelligence solutions
* Minimum 5 years' experience specifically in relational database design
* Expertise in VB and dot.net scripting languages.
* Excellent T-SQL coding skills.
* Advanced knowledge of ETL methodologies and technologies and demonstrate proficiency in Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML), and (ETL) design and in-depth knowledge and experience in SSIS.
* Bcom Informatics, Bsc Computer Science, Bsc Engineering or related qualification
* Post-graduation qualification in IT, Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related qualification.
Closing date: 21 June 2018
"Applications for this role will be prioritised in line with our transformation objectives as per our Employment Equity Plan"