The purpose of this position is to manage the effective and efficient functioning and delivery of IT systems, solutions, software and hardware platforms across the institution (both nationally and internationally) and to provide users with a seamless user experience thereby contributing positively to the achievement of organisational goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
• Overseeing the management of the IT related projects
• To ensure that IT project milestones and deadlines are prioritised and met
• Ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in key operational and strategic areas
• Ensuring that backups of all information takes place as required
• Monitoring and testing of backups
• Establishing a disaster recovery solution for the organisation
• Facilitating website developments including enhancements
• Ensuring that service levels are maintained (externally and internally)
• Ensuring licenses are up to date
• Securing the network from possible attacks and threats
• Developing and refining key policies and procedures
• Investigating software and network enhancements in line with best practice
• Conducting IT health reviews at all campuses
• Developing and training of staff
• Assisting in the submission of key information to regulators
• Are responsible for strategic IT planning, including fostering innovation.
• Direct operational IT planning, including planning IT projects and the allocation of manpower resources.
• Oversee the financial aspects of their IT team or dept., including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
• Coordinate IT staffing, including hiring, supervision, scheduling, professional development and discipline.
• Collaborate with and maintain communications with executives and department heads in the organization.
• Design, implement and enforce the policies, procedures and best practices for their IT team or department.
• Research IT solutions and make recommendations for the improvement of IT systems and IT infrastructure.
• Negotiate and approve technology vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Should have superior skills in team leadership, employee development and interpersonal communication.
o Should have a strong command of project management principles, procedures and best practices
• BCom in Information Technology or other IT related qualification
• CCNA or good understanding there of
• 5 years + in a Senior IT Management role.
• Relevant experience in IT system development
• Proven track record in leadership role
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong technical skills
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Team working skills
• Organisation and time management
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Management and leadership skills
• Demonstrated expertise in managing an architecture that includes in-house and external services.
• Must be available during weekends and after hours to attend to urgent IT issues that arise