Network security and data privacy are critical in today’s wired world. The IT Security Analyst’s role is to help protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information used by the Organisation’s employees, suppliers, clients and customers. The role ensures that data is secure, whether it’s being static or in transit. He/she assists to plan, coordinate and implement the organization’s information security programme. The Analyst assists to educate users about computer security, install and own security software applications, monitor networks for security breaches, respond to cyber-attacks and gather forensic data and evidence of malpractice. this is a 5 Year contract
• User awareness training.
• IT security risk management.
• Assist in DRP activities.
• Participate in the vulnerability assessment and patch management process.
• Generate IT security compliance reports.
• Assist in the maintenance of the IT risk register.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the IT security governance process.
• Attend to IT security logs assigned by the IT helpdesk.
• Remediate IT security vulnerabilities discovered on network devices and operating systems.
• Routine checks of application and system security logs to identify and investigate suspected anomalies.
• Routine checks of access control logs to identify and investigate suspected anomalies.
• Routine checks of firewall logs to identify and investigate suspected anomalies.
• Implement change requests on security systems following proper change management principles.
• Facilitate, coordinate and execute Information Security related hardware/software change documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Attributes
• Linux and Windows security configuration.
• Expert with Microsoft Office products (Visio, word, Excel).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Take responsibility and able to work independently and in a team.
• Has a large degree of personal drive.
• Results-oriented, creative thinker.
• Takes responsibility and accountability for their actions and results.
• Time management.
• Project management.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify and determine mitigation for risks.
• Able to develop innovative ideas and solutions to diverse problems.
• Ability to think conceptually between disciplines.
• Ability to deal with high levels of complexity and/ or ambiguity.
• Work in a structured and methodical manner.
• Understanding of firewall management.
• Understanding of log management and analysis.
• Understanding of cryptographic techniques.
• Understanding Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
• Understanding of enterprise patch management tools and processes.
• Technical documentation/ writing experience.
• National Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science or Engineering at a minimum of NQF6.
• Security+, MCSA.
• MCSE a definite plus.
• Professional Information Security Certification.
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in full-time information security practice.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and other network protocols.
• Linux and Windows security.
• Windows system administration.
• Systems administration experience of Active Directory (GPO and Windows server).
• Antivirus software administration.
• UTM Systems administration.
• Cloud security architecture and security systems.