Established as an information management services company in 1998, PBT Group offers specialised consulting services to large national and international clients across South Africa, Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
With extensive experience as data specialists, PBT Group is a recognised leader in this field, which includes data platform, data analytics, data visualization, application development, cloud solutions and strategic consulting.
PBT Group has a position available for an IT Support Administrator at their Johannesburg office.
Responsibilities would include assisting in maintaining the current infrastructure, implementation, maintenance and support of office workstations and the network environment and working with the current IT team to help build new solutions, or expand infrastructure.
- Assisting in network administration and management.
- Hardware installation and configurations on laptops.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and managing problems.
- Monitoring and managing performance of the local networks including wireless and VPN’s.
- Supporting PC users and ensuring that everyone is 100% operational.
- Adding and maintaining users on Active Directory.
- IP telephony support and administration.
- Collection of hardware from suppliers as needed.
- Documentation of systems and infrastructure.
- IT Asset management.
- Service request administration.
- Assisting with general neatness of the office IT environment.
Skills / Experience:
- Basic experience in installing, upgrading, supporting and maintaining Windows based operating systems and applications.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows based networks and file sharing.
- Basic knowledge of mail applications (Outlook, Office 365).
- Preferred product installation and configuration knowledge within the following product sets: Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and other Windows based tools.
- Knowledge of virus and malware removal.
- Knowledge of implementing archiving and backup solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting ability and results focused approach.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter who works well independently and in teams.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a similar role.