A company based in the northern suburbs in Cape Town is looking for a qualified Mid-level IT Technician, with minimum N+ and A+ certificates, to build and maintain computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology in our growing group of companies. Applicant will support various companies with many branches.
• Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
• Check computer hardware (HDD, etc.) to ensure functionality.
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
• Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
• Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
• Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
• Monitor web performance, network availability, and security.
• Provide technical support either by phone remote access or site visits as needed.
• Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
• Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
• Perform daily network data backups.
• Install and update network system improvements as needed.
• Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
*Must have own reliable vehicle*
Please send a detailed copy of your CV through to us – should you not receive a response within 7 days please consider your application unsuccessful.