The Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available
ITeach Coordinator – Durban
MANCOSA seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to lead the MANCOSA ITeach LAB. The ITeach LAB is a creative space dedicated towards the promotion of 21st century teaching skills. The MANCOSA School of Education seeks to develop teachers who are specifically trained for the 21st century classroom. The ITeach LAB will host a number of creative hubs (robotics and coding for the classroom, gaming and education, mathematics, STEAM, reading and literacy).
• The individual is expected to lead the planning, organizing and execution of the ITeach LAB agenda.
• Be proficient at Coding and Robotics and related areas of expertise
• Degree in IT teaching Engineering, Computer Science or other related disciplines (STEM education Fields)
• Experience in STEM-related fields (Preferred but not required).
• Experience in teaching and the classroom
• Strong communication skills
• Good temperament, friendly and cheerful disposition
• Enjoys working with young adults, teachers and lecturers
• Experience in academic instruction in a post-secondary environment will be advantageous
• Require exceptional soft skills in areas like creative problem-solving, teamwork and
• Plan, organize, execute and lead Teach LAB agenda.
• Measure and report on key skills development
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to strategize plans of action
• Understand CAPS curriculum and the South African School education system
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• High level of written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to encourage teamwork and solicit ideas of academics
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced knowledge in implementing plans to respond to academic-related issues
• To the SOE Manager and Academic Director
• Must be able to work overtime when necessary.