Degree or Diploma in Computer Science
· minimum 5 years experience
Skills & Competencies:
· Java JEE
· Jboss advantageous
· Java SE certification advantageous
· Payments system experience advantageous
· Enterprise scale development
MINIMUM ROLE OUTPUTS
Responsibilities will include:
· Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
· Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers' expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries quickly and effectively.
· Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME's, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
· Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
· Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
· Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
· Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
· Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
· Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
· Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
· Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.