Headwear24, Africa’s largest headwear manufacturer, is looking for a young and creative designer to join our team at our Head Office in Durban and who will report to the Head of Design.
To create simple, high-quality CAD designs for presentation to the customer by the Sales Consultant. Understanding the limitations of branding on stock items in order to limit shortcomings and troubleshoot problems. Conduct research for referencing and trend updates. Communicate delays in timeframes to Head of Design in order to resolve backlogged work.
• Receive brief from Sales Coordinator for new artwork and prioritise by delivery date
• Manage turnaround of artwork from receipt of brief within a specified timeline.
• Receive e-mails from Quoting Administrators, prioritise and manage turnaround of artwork from receipt of mails in 24 minutes.
• Ensure all artwork is sent to the respective department in the correct format & saved to the relevant network server.
• Receive e-mail from Sales Coordinator and create innovative and high-quality artwork (CAD) and specification.
• Prepares print-ready artwork correctly and on time in highest resolution possible.
• Ensures sizing of artwork and patterns are correct, using correct templates and avoiding repeat lines during printing stage.
• 1-2 years design experience with portfolio and proven track record, preferably within the clothing & textile industry.
• Experienced in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop essential.
• Additional experience and/or exposure to web design and other design programs will be an added advantage.
• Self-Starter with effective time management skills who is able to work unsupervised.
• Superior verbal and written communication.
• Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills.
• Well-developed organisational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.