Our client is looking for a Junior Sous Chef to join their award winning establishment.
The core function of the Junior Sous chef is to assist in the management of the lodge kitchen alongside the Senior Sous and the Head Chef.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in a medium sized kitchen
- International experience in a similar 5 star establishment
- Experience in fine dining and a la carte service
- Ability to produce innovative and modern dishes to the highest of standards
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and hygiene practices
- Supervision and training of kitchen brigade
- Preparation of food in line with 5 star excellence
- Guest interaction to enrich guest satisfaction
- Management of staff canteens
- Administration of orders & stock control to minimize shortages and wastage
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard
- Correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Maintaining fridges and stores and maintaining stock rotation standards
- Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Actively contribute to the sustainability programmes
- Be in possession of a valid South African work permit
If you feel you are suitable, kindly forward your CV, a recent photograph and contactable references.