My client in Bloubergstrand is seeking a Legal Executive with staff management experience.
- Manage and coordinate the functioning of a group of Legal Managers by way of regular inspection, motivation and training.
- Main objective is to ensure that the people in his/her team render a professional, ethical and excellent service to the Policy Holder at all times and simultaneously comply with all relevant policies and operations manuals.
- Providing general assistance in managing the performance of the legal department.
- Ensure that all personnel shares vision for the future, with emphasis on membership growth and providing an excellent, friendly and prompt service to all Policy Holders.
- Accepts ultimate responsibility for the performance of their department and/or regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans and directs the functions of his or her department
• Ensures all business policies and daily activities are managed correctly
• Managing a team of managers
• Provides guidance to managers
• Managing of his or her departments’ stats on a weekly basis, in order to ensure that set targets are met
• Troubleshooting and problem solving on a daily basis
• Managing interdepartmental relationships
• Attending to investigations and taking disciplinary action, where required
• Brain storming with top management to analyse the business structure on a regular basis
• Advise management about any impact to the business and implementing changes from top management smoothly and efficiently
• Conducting of one-on-one’s with employees
• Providing departmental feedback to top management
• Discussing and agreeing on a course of legal action with mediators and or managers
• Interviewing candidates for various positions
- Ability to speak, write and understand two official African languages of which English or any other language should be one OR both,
- LLB degree and an admitted attorney or advocate,
- Management experience in relevant industry with staff reporting to them,
- Computer literate, excellent communication skills and initiative,
- Excellent team player,
- Able to work without supervision,
- Positive and motivated individual,
- Also possess the attributes as set out under the heading skills, ability and knowledge
Salary: R50k CTC
Benefits (Company contributions)
• Provident fund
• Medical aid
• Legal insurance provided by company
Office Hours: 8:30 – 16:30 (or flexible hours)
To apply for this position, forward a professional CV and a recent photo of yourself to the advertiser.