Role purpose: Performs, leading, directing the management and administrative work in advising, ensuring, monitoring and reporting on the compliance of Communication and Member Affairs (CMA) Division to the governance, risk reporting, regulatory, and committee meetings (i.e. Ex-Gratia, Opscomm, Board) and contract management framework applicable to the Client.
Monitoring and ensuring CMA compliance to legislation, industry circulars, policies, governance processes and adherence to the Clients Board, Committees and Executive Committee (EXCO) requirements in line with the year plan.
Key Performance Areas will include, but not limited to:
Compliance and Governance Management
• Manage the response rate and turn-around time to queries, or for inputs:
• Ensure that contracted service providers timeously and effectively address all queries.
• Ensure that internal stakeholder timeously and effectively submit inputs for reports or respond to queries and issues raised.
• Escalate in line with an escalation procedure to facilitate response and input.
• Ensure the timeous and effective implementation of the service level requirements by service providers.
• Coordinate contract negotiation and service query meetings
• Participate in the project handover and / or windown meetings.
• Drafting reports for Board, Committees and EXCO and ensuring timeous inputs by all parties as well as approval and submission thereof:
• CMA quarterly Report for operations Committee
• Coordinate submission of CSI and Sponsorship Report for Governance Committee
• Ex Gratia Report
• PO’s report in preparation for Board meetings
• Indicator report and PO Reports
o Adhoc Reports
Minimum 3 year degree or equivalent NQF 6 qualification.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in a legal, corporate governance compliance and / or company secretarial position, and or a risk background
Strong Reporting and Writing Skills
Experience in the development of policies, processes and contracts
Experience in the development of presentations, management and legal reports.
Have experience in or an understanding of medical schemes industry