Key performance areas include:
• Overall development and execution of a Marketing strategy and budget for the institution, including media and publicity campaigns
• Directing a team of employees(incl.FOH and Box Office Staff) toward the attainment of the objectives of the Marketing Plan, specifically direct sales
• Evaluating the effectiveness of marketing activities and recommending improvements,
• Maintaining and developing both existing and new customer relationships,
• Develop and drive Fundraising and Sponsorship initiatives,
• Managing all corporate advertising.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing or similar discipline,
• A minimum of five (5) years working experience at a Managerial level in a marketing department in the Performing Arts or related environment;
• A proven track record in converting Marketing strategies into direct sales,
• Hands on experience in Fundraising,
• Good working knowledge and understanding of the media environment;
• Substantial working knowledge of implementing results driven digital media platforms.
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on working knowledge of reporting and governance processes within a PFMA regulated environment.
Skills and Competencies:
• A proven ability to understand and work with financial information to arrive at decisions;
• Ability to manage direct reports through example and providing clear direction and support towards the achievement of The Playhouse Company’s objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Spoken and written knowledge of IsiZulu will be a decided advantage
• A strong and proven customer service orientation