Location: Menzies Aviation (Africa) – JNB
Reporting to: Senior Mechanic
Contract Type: Permanent Monthly Paid
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose, repair and service the Menzies fleet of ground support equipment and vehicles in accordance with Menzies and manufacturers’ work specifications.
• Performing checks and registered inspections for all equipment and vehicles on a daily basis and ensuring that Menzies quality standards are being adhered to.
• Responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Responsible for the maintenance schedule and ensuring that it is kept up to date and all equipment and vehicles are serviced according to the stipulated intervals.
• Plan work procedures using charts and technical manuals
• Liaising with the Operations team in order to maintain and effectively facilitate the preventative maintenance program.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with safe working practices in consideration of self and others.
• Conducting an ongoing risk assessment on equipment and its operations as well as ensuring that all safe operating procedures are adhered to.
• Must be able to respond to out of normal hours urgent calls when required.
Please use the following reference number in your subject line: JNB-MEC-457
The closing date for submissions is: 20 June 2019.
• Please note that preference will be given to candidates from designated groups to meet the company’s goals and targets as defined in the company’s EE Plan.
• In the event of an internal development candidate being promoted, a permanent monthly paid instead of a permanent hourly paid contract will be considered.
• The company reserves the right not fill this position.