Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Read work tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
- Examine bound samples for defects
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and/or adjustments required.
- Responsible for the binding process of magazines and commercial print work
- Ensure accurate counts for jobs produced, inclusive of spoilage.
- Basic preventative maintenance on binding machines
- Ensure that quality control checklists are completed and kept up to date
- Maintain general health and safety standards in the production environment
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Matric or equivalent
- A trade qualification in Mechanised Bookbinding.
- Working experience in a high speed manufacturing and/or printing environment would be advantageous.
- 5 years Kolbus experience will be advantages
- Knowledge of quality control
- Techniques for maximising the effective manufacture and distributions of good essential
Skills & Competencies
- Analytical problem-solving
- Quality control Analysis
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Communication skills
- Computer literate
- Highly driven and motivate
- Independent and team player with a positive attitude
- Acute attention to detail
- An excellent attendance record
It is important to note that the nature of the job requires the ability to work long hours, shifts, weekends, overtime and public holidays