To perform professional and efficient front office duties of receiving visitors to the Government Employee Pension Fund offices, providing facilities management expertise whilst providing efficient administrative support service role to business units within the Corporate Services department as required.
• Answer the telephone, screen call and route to appropriate persons.
• Take accurate telephone messages and distribute accordingly.
• Provide accurate on time communication to internal and external stakeholders and guests.
• Ensure accurate on time message delivery to all stakeholders and guests.
• Takes full charge of the reception area and all its activities
• Welcome guests in a professional manner and make them feel they are attended to promptly.
• Respond to queries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure knowledge of staff movement in and out of the GEPF office.
• Issue security passes for guests.
• Performs and supervises administrative support activities, such as maintaining files and central records, printing and duplicating services, security, purchasing of supplies and equipment, registry duties, and preparation of presentations and reports.
• Reviews correspondence and receives telephone calls related to facilities; including the most sensitive and confidential matters and determines appropriate action to be taken.
• On request, request, serve as backup for experienced-level professional duties, such as secretarial, receptionist, messenger, procurement, accounting, etc.
• Maintain data base of facilities service provider(s) for on-going and ad-hoc projects.
• Conducts and/or supervises special projects, such as organizing social events drives through HR drives and coordinating facility maintenance.
• Maintain the facilities booking system i.e. booking of boardrooms and meeting rooms.
• Valid Matric Certificate
• Relevant Qualification (i.e. Diploma/Certificate etc.)
• Good command of both written and spoken English
• 3 years experience in Secretariat/Reception area management, professional telephone and switchboard etiquette
• At least four (4) years of experience in which administrative/clerical work was a major duty
• Must have an understanding of finance and invoicing
• High levels of confidentiality and excellent organizational skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.
• Computer literacy – MS Office application