Business Area: Payroll Department (Bryanston)
Reporting To: Payroll Manager
Role : Payroll Clerk
Employment Contract: Temp
Education and experience required:
* Payroll qualification/course
* Three years practical experience within a Payroll Department
* Advanced Microsoft Excel
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required:
* Computer literate
* Good numeric and sound administration skills
* Good organisational Skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* SAP Experience would be beneficial
Key areas of responsibility:
* Processing and data capture of the payroll for contract staff i.e. all changes relating to employment of staff on the payroll e.g., new engagements, terminations, transfers.
* Capturing & calculation of all hours worked by contract staff (normal time, overtime, night shift ect)
* Capturing of allowances & deductions for all contract staff.
* Capturing of annual leave & sick leave in both modules. Assisting Area Managers with leave queries from staff.
* Maintain master data pertaining to the employees on the payroll such as Provident Fund documentation processing.
* Adherence to efficient payroll procedures.
* Attending to wage queries within 2 working days.
* Filing of all timesheets & archiving thereof.
* Investigating any payroll discrepancies.
* Adherence to the rules set out in the company policy and procedures as well as ISO 9001/2.
* Any ad hoc reporting required by finance or management.
* Ad hoc projects.
* Timeous printing and distribution of payslips before pay day.
* Application to SARS for tax numbers of new employees
* Printing of contract reports, changes/finalisation and signing off of dummy month end with Area Managers & submitting to Regional Managers for final approval.
* Checking of reports during Dummy Month end such as deduction in arrears, maternity risk portion of provident fund
* Management of Nil Payslips & follow up of terminations.
* Start payroll before Dummy Month end & correction of any start payroll errors.
* Attend meetings with the Regional Managers and Area Managers to ensure that the procedures are adhered to and that there is compliance.
* Assisting the Finance department when necessary.
* Adhere to ISO policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas (KRA's)
* Maintaining an accurate payroll.
* Accuracy of leave records.
* Efficient handling of all wage related queries.
* Maintaining an efficient and up to date filing system.
* Accurate personnel records.
* Attending to all wage queries within a MAXIMUM period of 2 working days.
* Timeous and accurate reporting to management and finance - by specified deadlines.
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Send responses to:
Compass Group South Africa is committed to Employment Equity in line with legislation and will give first preference to candidates as per Equity requirements