Private Equity Accountant - Western Cape
R400 - R600K Per Annum Negotiable (dependant on qualification and experience)
Established Global Investment firm seeks a highly analytical and numerical individual, with strong accounting technical knowledge and financial reporting skills to take up this exciting career opportunity within their growing and dynamic business.
Key Areas of Responsibility includes:
* Responsible for preparing financial statements and ensuring compliance with IFRS
* Facilitate and respond to audit requests.
* Supporting Fund closings, including calculation of subsequent investor admissions
* Preparation and executing of capital calls and/or distributions
* Preparation and filing of CIT and VAT returns
* Maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts including making payments and monitoring receipts
* Prepare and maintain records and books of account per Fund Entity
* prepare the quarterly report and the annual financial statements
* Assist in ad hoc requests including:
* Regulatory reporting
* Insurance renewal
* Ad hoc investor requests
Qualification and Experience required:
- Qualified CA OR CPA (and PGDA) with 1-2 years post articles experience gained within the private equity or related financial services
- Strong knowledge of complex accounting standards, IFRS or other
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (particularly Microsoft Dynamics) and MS Office.
- Ability to generate financial reports in Excel by incorporating information from different data sources