Hello... an exciting new opportunity has just become available in our Hollard Insure, Product Development Team . We are looking to recruit a Product Documentation Specialist.
* To develop and enhance personal lines and UMA product documentation such as policy wording, underwriting clauses and policy schedules.
* All documentation must abide by legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. TCF, FSCA, FAIS, SAIA) and be accurate in terms of product benefits and limitations.
* Draft product comparisons to assist in the strategy of moving towards fewer products in the personal lines space (T&Cs comparisons as well as limits and excesses comparisons).
* Draft and/or review consumer education and marketing material, such as brochures.
* General Customer Experience enhancement
* Give guidance and approval sign-off on product marketing material, such as brochures, social media, emails, SMSes.
* Draft and sign-off on consumer education material.
* Maintain awareness of changes in legislation in order to incorporate this information effectively into product documentation.
* Product documentation
* Thoroughly analyse and understand the product construct and value proposition of new or updated insurance products.
* In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, draft product documentation (e.g. policy wording, endorsements, client disclosures, policy schedules and application forms) for new or updated products, applying principles such as Plain Language and TCF. Also consider prior knowledge and considerations regarding applicable legislation, compliance standards, product structure and benefits, business and underwriting rules as well as competitor communications and related material.
* Circulate product documentation to stakeholders such as Legal, Actuarial, Underwriting, Operations, Sales, Claims, Marketing and consolidate feedback. Assess feedback and apply the necessary changes to drafted product documentation.
* Finalise product documentation and initiate deployment and updating of relevant registers and document repositories.
* Product comparisons
* Thoroughly compare different products (policy wordings, schedules, limits and excesses) and document the differences in cover in an easy to understand format.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* 5 years' experience in writing of product-related documentation, including specific experience in writing of short- or long term insurance policy wording.
* Experience in coordinating input from multiple stakeholders involved in developing insurance product-related documentation.
* Proven experience in the drafting or interpretation of documents which have a legal impact, e.g. contracts, service agreements, policy terms and conditions.
* 5 years' general insurance industry experience, such as in underwriting, claims or policy administration.
* Experience in drafting and analysis of personal lines policy wordings, ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements.
Minimum: Matric; A qualification in business communication would be advantageous
Closing date: 2 July 2018
"Applications for this role will be prioritised in line with our transformation objectives as per our Employment Equity Plan"