A leading international ICT company based in Sandton has an opportunity for a Product Manager with 2-3 years experience in Product Management. As a dynamic organisation working across Africa and enjoying a high growth phase, we are looking for an enthusiastic, focused and experienced Product Manager with proven product management acumen to help lead and shape our young marketing department.
You will be part of a highly motivated international team that brings innovative and global leading edge technology products to the market. This is a highly visible, highly impactful position within the business and interacts with the global team.
1. Manage the product portfolio, mixing the product range effectively so as to meet profit growth targets.
2. Product Lifecycle Management (Product Strategy, Promotional Activity Plan, Plan Tracking)
3. Set and manage pricing strategy and monitor effectiveness.
4. Mix Product/Price/Promotions and channel to market
5. Launch products
6. Devise and execute Integrated Marketing Communications including digital platform
7. Support the sales teams and co-travel where needed.
8. Track forecasts and take corrective steps where needed
9. Monitor sales data to improve market effectiveness where needed
10. Prepare the annual marketing budget and track results.
11. Monitor expenses and keep within plan
12. Monitor and act on market trends.
13. Onboard new product lines.
14. Lead new product development aligned to market requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or IMM essential
• 2-3 years Product Management experience, preferably in a B2B company, ICT an advantage. We will consider experience in other sectors.
• Ability to understand an ICT environment. No technical skills necessary.
* Experience in, or exposure to HR or Training teams an advantage
• Ability to analyse market needs and craft suitable solutions from the product range
• Ability to build, communicate, and drive the product roadmap.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
• Ability to work at multiple levels in an organisation
* Ability to work cross-culturally with international teams and international time zones.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex product solutions
* Willingness to handle the constant change found within a global technology environment.
* Ability to drive a marketing calendar effectively