The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector of Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the Mining and Minerals Sector (MMS) in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998. The MQA now requires the services of twelve persons to fill in positions in the following units:
following person to fill the under mentioned position.
Location of the vacancies:
• MQA Regional Office, Kathu, Northern Cape
• MQA Regional Office, Praktiseer, Limpopo
• MQA Regional Office, Emalahleni, Mpumalanga
• MQA Regional Office, Mooinooi, Northwest
• MQA Regional Office, Thabong, Free State
* MQA Head Office, Parktown, Gauteng
The successful candidate will report to the heads of the specified unit above.
YOU MUST INDICATE YOUR REGION ON CHOICE IN YOUR APPLICATION EMAIL AS PART OF YOUR SUBJECT MATTER. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT CLEAR REGION SPECIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Keep record of youth development/mine community/ TVET Support service providers.
• Administer duties in relation to the SLA with providers in the SRU.
• Liaise with sector stakeholders on project maters.
• Maintain the Youth Development/mine community/ TVET Support records according to ISO standards.
• File and retrieve documents and records in relation to the project.
• Make travel, accommodation, catering and document arrangements for youth development and mine community meetings, workshops and road-shows.
• Update the status of projects on Excel spreadsheet on a regular basis.
• Ensure the availability of contracts and reports on projects and budgets.
• Liaise with role-players inside and outside the sector.
• Provide administration support to the registration of learners in the project/s.
• Perform such tasks as may be delegated.
• Processing of payments
• Payment reconciliations
• Validation of performance information
• Conduct learners verifications
The candidate must possess the following:
• Grade 12 / matric and a National Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Human Resources Development or NQF Level 6 equivalent
• 2 years’ work experience in administration within a training/learning environment preferred;
• Knowledge of document management systems;
• Experience in working on any Management Information System with training/learning;
• Knowledge of administration and management processes;
• Sound working knowledge and experience of the SETA environment would be an advantage;
• Knowledge of the mining and mineral sector will be an added advantage.
• Good verbal and written communication;
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills;
• Knowledge of MS Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• The ability and willingness to travel and work flexible hours;
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU APPLY WITH THE NAME OF THE REGION THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR!!
The MQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; therefore, the filling of the position will be in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Recommended candidates will be expected to undergo a police clearance and qualification verification. Should you not hear from the MQA within 4 weeks of the closing date, you must regard your application as unsuccessful. The MQA reserves the right not to appoint any person for this position.
Closing Date: 15 April 2021 No late applications will be considered. Interested candidates should submit their applications which shall consist a Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of their Qualifications, and valid Proof of Identification