To support and maintain all desktop / servers and networking infrastructure in accordance with the client SLA’s. To assist in all ad hoc duties as required and specified in the Job Description.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to all clients
• Provide backup services and support to networking monitoring services (NMS)
• To administer, maintain, be accountable and troubleshoot client networks consisting of servers, pc's printers, switches, firewalls, routers and UPS’s.
• Communicate/Escalate to the Service Delivery Manager/Senior Engineers on any issues outside of your control/abilities but owning the problem to completion.
• Ensure all calls are logged and be accountable for all logged calls within the SLA and to communicate with the Help desk and ensure successful completion of calls.
• Ensure all procedures such as Health checks, change control and Network documentation is adhered to, up to date and accurate.
• Installing approved software and hardware connecting users to networks and providing initial guidance.
• Facilitate all IT 3rd Pty activities onsite where it has an impact on the overall IT service to the client.
• Establish and control systems access and security.
• Monitor systems to optimise performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
• Assist the customers concerning replacement of outdated equipment and software
• Prepare site weekly and monthly reports. Identify trends and exceptions and provide clear explanations and recommendations.
• Ensure that the sites always comply with customers audit as well as group standards.
• Assist with general housekeeping in accordance with Bytes standards
• Proactive suggestions into site operations with regards to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
• Professional conduct including excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients.
• Identify new IT opportunities and feed back to the Bytes account managers.
• Keep certifications up to date and keep abreast of technology Bytes support and / or should be supporting.
• Get involved in pre-sales opportunities wherever possible.
KPA and KPI Definition
No Job Objectives (KPA) KPI’s
1 To ensure continuous self-development in terms of knowledge and skills in respect to the internal and external customer’s requirements.
Human Capital 25 To be competent in the specific internal and external client’s systems, software and hardware requirements. Ensure that all certifications and courses are updated on the skills matrix and provide proof to the Site Operations Manager / Service Delivery Manager within 48 Hours after completion. 60
To ensure that the employee keeps to the work schedule and any deviation must be communicated verbally within a reasonable timeframe to allow for alternative arrangements to be made by the Site Operations Manager / Service Delivery Manager. Sick leave to be communicated within an hour prior work commencement, annual and sick leave due to planned medical procedures communicated as per BSI leave Policy. 40
2 To ensure that the Service Level Agreement (SLA) is met as per internal and external customer requirements.
50 To ensure that calls logged are followed up / escalated, serviced and closed within the agreed SLA. 20
To identify, log and resolve problems based on trend & exception analyses 15
To ensure preventative maintenance tasks are performed as specified in the task / maintenance schedule. 20
Ensure that exceptional quality of service and delivery is provided to the Customer & Internal IT Team in accordance with BSI values and commitment. 20
Identify new IT opportunities and feed back to BSI account manager 5
Uphold the BSI standard when interfacing with customers and Ensure continuous communication and feedback is provided to all customers regarding calls logged including IT vendor calls effecting the business. 20
3 To ensure that the quality and processes of internal and external customers are adhered to as specified in the company’s policies and procedures.
Quality Processes 25 To ensure compliance with internal and external client’s safety and security regulations as well as Occupational Health and Safety Act requirements. 25
To adhere to Internal and External customer’s electronic code of conduct. 25
To ensure that both BSI and Clients best practice, policies, procedures and standards are adhered to by completing and updating the required task lists, checklists and documentation per call/task. 50
4. Summary of Job Requirements
Formal Qualifications Required Essential / Desirable
Matric, A+ N+ Essential
Microsoft MCSA Server 2012 – Hyper-V Desirable
NetApp / Dell EMC Certified Desirable
Job Related Experience Required Time Span Essential / Desirable
Server 2012 / 2016 3 Years Essential
Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2015 / 2016 2 Year Desirable
WSUS 2012 2 Years Desirable
Networking Hardware 3 Years Desirable
Hyper V 2 Years Essential
Backup technologies 2 Years Desirable
Desktop Windows – Windows 8 3 Years Essential
Desktop Office 2010 3 Years Essential
Own transport Essential
Job Related Knowledge Required Essential / Desirable
Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Desktop user environment Essential
Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Server environment Essential
Knowledge of Maintenance of San Environment Desirable
Knowledge of Microsoft Applications user and Backoffice Essential
Knowledge of Wi-fi and Radio based systems Desirable
Knowledge of Networking Essential
Job Related Skills Required Rating
Customer communication skills and developing customer loyalty 10/10
Adaptability and reliability 10/10
Time management 10/10
Initiative, ownership and quality 10/10