SA Power Services has an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner in Durban. The ideal candidate will be a technically oriented person who has completed the Electrical Trade Test.
The individual will be responsible for project planning which will include preparing quotes and costings for projects, therefore strong admin skills will be required for this position.
· Site visit for evaluating projects.
· Technical project planning (costing, quoting, functional design, timeline) and coordination.
· Technical documentation (brochures, manuals, project support documents).
· Project planning and ensuring that projects are completed to design spec.
· Ensure drawings reflect as built.
· Panel design and layout as part of system design.
· Planning of panel building with integration team.
· Coordination of equipment and orders for projects. Sourcing of equipment from suppliers.
· Working closely with Service Team and ensuring projects are handed over properly.
· Late hours on projects is necessary from time to time but projects must be planned in such a way that we do not need to work overtime.
· Project meeting reporting and planning to be done once a week with project teams.
Qualifications and experience required
· Grade 12
· Qualification at NQF Level 5/6 or tertiary degree
· Trade Test Certificate (Electrical)
· Minimum 3 years’ industrial automation experience
· Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
· Must have experience and knowledge in AC drives and DC Drives, electrical panel building, electrical wiring and fault-finding, networking ethernet, Profinet.
· Must be familiar with EMC standards for wiring
Key competencies and skills
· Solving complex functional or technical problems related to the project
· Establish specifications, improve processes, workflows
· Plan, schedule and coordinate projects
· Communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels at the organisation
· Analyze situations and to arrive at the best possible solution
· Customer service orientated
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Logical thinking and quality focus
· Strong technical, analytical and admin skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Self-motivated and self-driven
· Dependability and reliability
· Professional and respectful
· Attention to the detail of the job