• Manage the laboratory (this includes the testing and lab personnel). Ensure that testing is done according to the specifications of the company;
• Reject products that are not conforming and may be dangerous to our customers;
• Ensure that planned testing is according to a risk assessed method to ensure food safety;
• Report on laboratory non-conformances;
• Help the system administrator to write and implement the HACCP system;
• Conduct food safety and quality audits and reports;
• Conduct lab tests daily and do statistical analysis on lab findings monthly;
• Conduct daily and monthly reports to customer companies as required by them;
• Supply and purchase lab consumables as required and needed at good value for money;
• Conduct lab work for both Micro and chemical testing;
• Assist Operations Manager with adhoc problems.
• A Food science or dairy science degree
• 3 to 7 years’ experience in dairy production;
• Solid experience in Quality Control
• Vast knowledge of food safety management systems.