Are You looking to join a dynamic and fast-growing real estate agency?
If you ambitious, looking to control your destiny, want to be in control of how your day is managed and do not want any limits on your earning potential...then...Urban Link Honeydew is the team to join.
We are looking for young vibrant and energetic individuals who aspire to join and make their mark in the world of real estate.
Successful Candidates must have the following attributes:
• Local Knowledge: have a good knowledge of relevant communities and neighborhoods before you deal with clients.
• Communication Skills: be able to communicate and negotiate all aspects of a deal so that both parties’ benefit.
• Integrity and honesty:
• Ethics: hard working attitude: Selling and buying homes is not a one-day job and it takes a lot of time and effort to get both parties to agree terms before they sign a contract.
• Familiarity with Rules and Regulations: The agent has to be familiar with all laws relating to a property so that they do not communicate inaccurate information to clients, or mislead in any other way. A real estate agent understands how rules and regulations apply to estates in a particular region.
• Persistence: follow up on every lead is crucial in achieving success.
• Passion: Popular and successful real estate agents are those who enjoy what they do for a living.
• Adapting to new technology: Keep abreast of relevant technological developments, such as online resources, websites, forums and apps, which can help them become better at serving their clients.
Responsibilities of an estate agent/ intern:
• Liaising with clients to market properties in the most appropriate manner to maximize the selling value
• Handling inquiries about properties from potential buyers
• Valuing properties
• Producing reports, brochures, promotional information and other written material
• Travelling to properties and conducting viewings
• Negotiating the sale and letting of properties
• Administering and securing the disposal and acquisition of property and ensuring that it is completed legally
• Marketing of property within their portfolio
Key skills for estate agents
• Negotiation and selling skills
• Ambition, drive and charisma
• Good communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients and colleagues
• Strong organisation skills, as you may be dealing with more than one property at a time
• Willingness to take on responsibility, as estate agents will likely be afforded a great deal of responsibility early on
• Willingness to travel and spend time out of the office; a full driving licence is typically required
• Understanding of, and interest in, the local property market and the process of buying and selling property
Qualifications and Training Required
• Full Agents are required to be registered with the Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) and be in possession of a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate (FFC) number.
• Full Agents should have completed the NQF4 Professional Designation Examination (PDE4) or hold an equivalency qualification.
• Full Agents should have the relevant experience and knowledge of the real estate profession and understand the code of conduct as set out by the EAAB.
• Interns will be mentored into the position of a full agent. As a practicing agent, they can perform duties of the full agent as set out by the EAAB Standard of Training of Estate Agents Regulations, 2008
• Intern Agents have a 12 (twelve) month mentor ship program before writing the NQF4 Professional Designation Examination (PDE4).
Remuneration & Benefits
• Remuneration is 100% commission driven.
• Agents and Interns will be remunerated subject to a sliding scale based on experience and performance. Details of sliding scale will be discussed during the interview process.
• No pension fund or medical aid benefits provided by the company
• Driver's licence and own car non-negotiable
• Good written and spoken English, additional languages advantageous
• A keen interest in the real estate industry
• Own laptop
• Smart phone