Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reception duties, i.e. manage telephone calls, e-mails, messages, making appointments and managing diary, administrative tasks, and receiving patients.
• Billing, applying for medical aid authorisation, submitting claims and communicating efficiently with medical aids and patients, and collecting payments.
• Capture patient information and maintain files.
• Manage and order office supplies
• General administrative assistance to the psychologists and assist patients with medical aid related queries.
• Standing in for the other receptionist when on lunch or on leave.
• Organising and maintaining the general appearance and presentation of the practice.
• Accurate and professional communication with the psychologists and patients.
• Professional marketing of psychologists services and maintaining the practice’s social media profile.
Details of the employment:
• Workdays and hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, every second Friday half day off.
• Remuneration depends on the expertise level demonstrated by the applicant.
• Reporting structure: Report directly to two psychologists.
• Start date: 2 January 2020, but be available for orientation on 17 December 2019 (date is negotiable).
• You should receive feedback within 2 weeks of CV submission.
• Understanding of medico-legal responsibility and maintaining high standard of confidentiality.
• Excellent communication and telephone etiquette skills, and excellent interpersonal and professional etiquette skills suitable for a mental health environment.
• Excellent Afrikaans and English language skills and grammatical use
• Excellent computer literacy and typing skills, and Microsoft Office competency
• High standard of organisational and management skill and the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
• High competency in problem solving, deductive reasoning, preemptive planning and adaptability.
Desired work experience:
• 1 – 2 years experience working in a mental health / medical / dental practice or similar environment.
• Working knowledge of PANACEA and DATAMAX or proficiency in any medical billing software, as well as an understanding of ICD codes is an advantage.
Post-matric diploma and/or undergraduate qualification will be an advantage. Experience and or qualifications in psychology / healthcare / wellness is an advantage.