Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications.
RESEARCH COORDINATOR - DURBAN
Coordinate and administer topic submission, marking of research proposals, manage and monitor research process. Consult and provide pastoral care to students and organize and facilitate research events.
• Coordinate research topics; provide guidance on topic selection
• Present topics at topic meetings and provide written feedback to students
• Evaluate research proposals and provide feedback to student and supervisor
• Acts as a liaison between students and supervisors and ensure supervisor reports are submitted
• Provide pastoral care to students and follow up on outstanding reports
• Identify students at risk and file reports
• Consult and provide information for students on research process
• Manage and oversee research process cycle within allocated groups.
• Assists with organizing and facilitating research events i.e. conference, colloquiums etc.
• A relevant Master’s degree
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 1-2 years’ experience within a higher education faculty and or research environment
• Knowledge of research processes and methodology
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Internet and Email)
• Record keeping and database management
• Must be able to make sound judgement under pressure
• Decision maker
• Deadline Driven
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven track record and the ability to prioritize
• Numerical ability
• Reporting skills
• Prioritization and time management
• Possess a high level of ethics and confidentiality
• Must be able to work during weekends when requested