Research & Project manager
Salary: R30000 – R45,000 per month, based on qualifications and experience.
Contract duration: 1 year
Contract dates: ASAP
Bearfish Strategic Services is looking for a highly motivated researcher and project manager with government and community development experience to assist with researching and implementing localized responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Research study design, fieldworker training and co-ordination, data analysis and reporting
2. Assist the programme manager with all aspects of project co-ordination and management
3. Produce PowerPoints and reports
4. Execution and evaluation of projects designed by the team
5. Community engagement and training
6. Perform ad hoc functions as may be necessary in the course of the overall programme.
• Must have had formal academic training and experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
• Experience in working with disadvantaged communities.
• Research, data analysis, M&E and report-writing
• Analytic thinker with a good grasp of motivation
• Experience in forming relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience working with government
• Experience in teaching or community training
• Tertiary degree required. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
• Experience in any form of media communications is an advantage
• At least 5 years’ working experience.
• Excellent written work and presentation skills in English and Afrikaans