To provide an onsite support service for the customers on, servers, printers, switches, routers and desktops. To ensure that all locally assigned incidents, requests and changes are actioned and cleared daily, updated accurately, reassigned or closed appropriately, and are delivered to global standards as set by Service Delivery. To create and develop trusting relationships with the client (Client satisfaction) and any 3rd party vendors who also provides services to the customer.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks:
• To administer, maintain, be accountable and troubleshoot the network consisting of servers, pc's printers, switches, hubs, routers and UPS’s.
• To be accountable for all logged calls within the SLA and to communicate with the Help desk and ensure successful completion.
• Ensure all procedures such as Health checks, Change control and Network documentation is adhered to, up to date and accurate.
• Manage the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices.
• Undertake a regular service program, including support of operating systems.
• Installing approved software and hardware connecting users to networks and providing initial training.
• Facilitate all cabling needed with an approved cabling company.
• Ensuring users efficient and effective utilisation of applications and equipment
• Establish and control systems access and security
• Monitor systems in order to optimise performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures
• Assist the customer concerning replacement of outdated equipment and software
• Prepare site monthly reports.
• Ensure that the site at all times complies with customers audit as well as group standards.
• General housekeeping to be done of the computer room, computer cabinets and cabling to client’s standards
• Manage all IT assets onsite.
• Ensure Daily Health Checks are completed and reports submitted to the Ops team on daily basis.
• Communicate/Escalate to the Service Delivery Manager/Senior Engineers on any issues
• Proactive suggestions into site operations with regards to Standard Operating Procedures(SOPS)
• Professional conduct including excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients.
3. KPA and KPI Definition
No Job Objectives (KPA) KPI’s
1 To ensure continuous self-development in terms of knowledge and skills in respect to the internal and external customer’s requirements.
Human Capital 25 To be competent in the specific internal and external client’s systems, software and hardware requirements and obtain certification and provide proof to the Site Operations Manager / Service Delivery Manager within 48 Hours after completion. 60
To ensure that the employee keeps to the work schedule and any deviation must be communicated verbally within a reasonable timeframe to allow for alternative arrangements to be made by the Site Operations Manager / Service Delivery Manager. 40
2 To ensure that the Service Level Agreement (SLA) is met as per internal and external customer requirements.
50 To ensure that calls logged are followed up / escalated, serviced and closed within the agreed SLA. 30
To identify, log and resolve all alerts received on a daily basis. 10
Maintain and update Site Documentation including Network site diagrams and ensuring that daily health checks are accurate. 15
Spares to be available, managed and allocated correctly with monthly sign off and in line with call according to the SLA. 10
Accurately manage assets, change controls and take ownership and responsibility for the site as per SLA 25
To ensure a minimum of 75% customer satisfaction is achieved during service continuity 10
3 To ensure that the quality and processes of internal and external customers are adhered to as specified in the company’s policies and procedures.
Quality Processes 25 To ensure compliance with internal and external client’s safety and security regulations as well as Occupational Health and Safety Act requirements. 30
To adhere to Internal and External customer’s electronic code of conduct. 25
To ensure best practises in respect to Site housekeeping and preventative maintenance are performed as specified in the task / maintenance list and limited resolution required after service continuity. 30
Submit Monthly reports timeously and accurately 15
4. Summary of Job Requirements
Formal Qualifications Required Essential / Desirable
Matric, A+ N+ with MCITP Essential
Job Related Experience Required Time Span Essential / Desirable
Back office applications 3 Years Essential
projects Server installation 2003 / 2008 R2 1 Year Desirable
Exchange 2003 / 2007 1 Year Essential
Windows 7 / Office 2007/2010 2 Years Essential
Networking Hardware 2 Years Desirable
Virtualisation 1 Year Essential
Terminal Server 1 Year Desirable
Backup technologies 1 Year Essential
HP Product experience 2 Years Desirable
Own transport Essential
Job Related Knowledge Required Essential / Desirable
Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Desktop user environment Essential
Knowledge of Maintenance and Support of Server environment Essential
Knowledge of Maintenance of San Environment Desirable
Knowledge of Microsoft Applications user and Backoffice Essential
Knowledge of Wi-fi and Radio based systems Desirable
Knowledge of Networking Essential
Job Related Skills Required Rating
Customer communication skills and developing customer loyalty 10/10
Adaptability and reliability 9/10
Time management 10/10
Initiative, ownership and quality 9/10