The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
Business Performance and Operations
• Generating new business via cold calling and successfully converting new prospects into customers,
• Key account management of current clients,
• Establishing needs and advising clients on appropriate training and consulting interventions.
Although training will be provided, the successful candidate will be required to have:
• Drivers license and own vehicle.
• 2-3 years previous business to business sales experience in a service, education or training business,
• previous knowledge of Employment Equity and the SETA landscape would be an advantage.
• Experience making cold calls and successfully converting new prospects into customers
• Proven track record of meeting sales targets and generating business from new & existing customers
• Ability to learn new industry, products/ services quickly / thoroughly - will require independent, self-study from time to time
• Strong organizational time management and prioritization skills
• Must be willing & able to work the hours necessitated by the job
Customer and Client Relationship Management • Manage internal and external relations, including interface with
service providers, clients, members, as well as other functions, responsible to ensure that business needs are met and employees are satisfied
• Provide relevant and specialised support to applicable stakeholders
• Establish and maintain relations with stakeholders to ensure optimal efficiency.
Functional Excellence • Adhere to functional policies, standards, guidelines, procedures, end-to-end processes, tools, templates etc.
• Assist in standardising, simplifying and speeding-up of functional processes and eliminate duplication/ bureaucracy
• Apply functional best practices and promote sharing of best practices/knowledge
• Assist in the execution of functional excellence initiatives.
Functional Management • • Governance: Ensure the function adheres to Company governance, Policies, standards, statutory and legal compliance. Entrench a culture of discipline.
People Management • Performance management: Adhere to performance management procedures
• B&A culture/functional climate: Uphold the B&A culture and values within the function. Foster effective teamwork and unity.
Safe and Healthy Work Environment • Maintain and ensure a healthy environment and safe operations Practices. Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures in line with set standards
• Encourage a culture that focuses on safety in all operations.
REFERENCE SHOULD BE MADE TO BA102 ON ALL APPLICATIONS
• Grade 12: Essential / Minimum
• Sales and Marketing Qualification
• Computer Literacy Essential/Minimum
• Drivers Licence – Essential/Minimum
Name Proficiency Importance Involvement
Business to business sales experience in a service, education or training business. Operational
2 – 3 years Essential / Minimum
Microsoft/Office/ Word/Power Point Operational
5 years Essential / Minimum
Excel Operational 3 years Essential/Minimum
Telephone etiquette Excellent 2 – 3 years Essential/Minimum