The sales administrator will play a key administrative role in supporting the sales team and provide an important link between the sales person and the client. Reporting to Regional Executive, Client Executive / Account Managers, the administrator will work in a challenging and competitive environment, processing all sales-related paperwork.
Specific responsibilities include dealing with invoices, chasing up overdue payments and monitoring ongoing orders. Those working in this particular area of sales are often the first point of contact for customers, who may need assistance with orders, requests and complaints.
Ideal candidates for the role are efficient and adaptable workers with good all-round administrative abilities and must have excellent customer service skills and be good organizers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work effectively with sales executives and internal teams to deliver quotes, invoices and Delivery Acceptance Certificates (DAC’s) to customers accurately and in a timely manner.
• Track invoicing & receipting pro-actively and provide commercial team with required information on a monthly basis.
• Support Account Managers by following up on quote requests with suppliers.
• Efficiently and timely processing of quotes and sales order requests received.
• Efficiently manage the order entry process for all orders received.
• Support and coordinate, as needed, the applicable sales contract review processes.
• Coordinate with procurement & logistic departments for status on orders from customers ensuring delivery commitment.
• Manage creation of CRM entries to assist Account Managers to ensure quick turnaround times.
• Engaging with vendors / suppliers for quotes, ETAs, project status updates when being delivered by the vendor – communicating all feedback to the relevant customers, teams etc.
• Requesting of quotes between the Quoting team for the AM
• Keeping track of expiry and ensuring customers receive updated quotes as and when the ROE changes or the validity is reached
• Following up with the customers on orders for quotes submitted
• Tracking and recording of all quotes and orders along with GP values and invoicing details
• Submitting customer orders to the Procurement team and providing suppliers with STS orders
• Tracking the delivery of orders between Logistics and the customer
• Assisting with obtaining / gathering of info for tenders
• Ensuring DACs and invoices are signed off for all AM’s orders
• Assisting with event coordination for Cape Town
• Overall admin support for all sales related activities 2. Qualifications and Education
2. Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Grade 12/Matric
3. Experience required
• 2 years experience in general sales administration within IT industry
• Financial administration background would be advantageous
4. Knowledge and skills required
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good commercial skills and knowledge
• A high level of motivation, requiring minimal supervision
• Be self-driven to achieve measured and expected success.
• Highly proficient with e-mail communication (Microsoft Outlook) as well as Excel & Word skills. 5. Key behaviours and Competencies
• Customer service
• Client management
• Being proactive and flexible
• Meeting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Being courteous and professional
• Being confident, thorough and collaborative 6. Special Requirements
• Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00
• Must be prepared to work overtime when required
• Driver’s license and own transport required
(NB: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful)