Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information, Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality and analysing structural requirements for new software and applications.
• Develop database Solutions
• Develop enterprise-wide, integrated database solutions to store and retrieve company information
• Optimize new and current database systems.
• Database design and modelling
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Collaborate with developers on design for optimum performance.
• Data analysis
• Building a data architecture to enable operational management and BI reporting.
• Write SQL coding
• Write Transactional SQL to create databases, update data and build ETL solutions using best practices.
• Data integration and Migrate
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Develop integration patterns and practices to ensure data integrity and security
• System performance
• Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
• Security and backup procedures
• Define security and backup procedures
• Project planning
• Contribute to project planning discussions, provide status updates for development progresses.
• BSc in Computer Science, Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or relevant field
• 10 + years of experience in database design, data migration and integration, data management and SQL scripting.
• Minimum of 5 years of lead experience in data warehousing.
• Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
• In- depth understanding of database structure principles
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases
• Beneficial skills and Competencies:
• SQL server
• Data design and modelling
• Data warehousing
• Data analytics
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Problem – solving
• Strong people management skills