Title: Senior Internal Auditor: Group Internal Audit
Area: Cape Town
Amazing opportunity for a CA (SA) to join South African's Market leader in the General Insurance.
This International Financial Services Company offers a lot of career growth and would put you on the forefront of Corporate Finance.
- Chartered Accountant South Africa (CA) SA
- A completed degree in Accounting/Auditing or equivalent degree and must have passed or be in process of writing SAICA Board exams.
- Post-graduation certificates in financial management (e.g. CFA or other) is preferable
Experience, Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years audit/ finance/ investment experience
- Audit experience in the Financial Services sector is preferable
- Strong technical knowledge if IFRS
- Technical knowledge of IFRS 17 will be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of business process internal controls
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting controls
- Knowledge and exposure to actuarial processes and controls will be advantageous.
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Be prepared to travel in and/or outside of South Africa
- Valid driver's license
- Perform control adequacy reviews of business processes relating to Financial, Investments and Actuarial reporting processes.
- Perform control effectiveness reviews of business processes relating to Financial, Investments and Actuarial reporting processes.
- Assist in providing input and assurance over Company's IFRS 17 programme and programme deliverables, including controls designed for new processes and financial calculations.
- Prepare audit working documents.
- Prepare draft audit reports for discussion with clients.
- Report control breakdowns/ audit findings to appropriate levels of management.
- Prepare audit programs for execution.
- Perform quality assurance over control effectiveness reviews and audit observations prepared by junior staff.
- Prepare assignment planning documentation.
- Provide coaching/guidance to junior staff.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to Internal Audit Specialists and Internal Audit Managers.
For more information, please call or email
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.