MANCOSA, a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education, distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications.
We are seeking a Senior Public Relations and Events coordinator to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
Reporting to and working with the Head of Marketing to develop and deliver PR and Events plans that will promote and manage MANCOSA’s reputation in targeted media.
• Planning, developing and implementing PR and Events strategies
• Liaise with regional learning centres to understand the business strategy in each area in order to implement a proactive corporate PR plan and support corporate level event planning and delivery where appropriate.
• Responsible for both the strategy and the execution of the coordinated message delivery calendar for the institution, including the identification and creation of thought leadership content, ensuring PR and event activities align with business needs while highlighting the institution as an inclusive employer of diverse talent.
• Generate positive coverage for the institution across relevant media.
• Communicating with colleagues and key stakeholders, liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
• Collating and analysing media coverage
• Writing and editing in-house magazines, speeches and articles
• Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs and multimedia programmes
• Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions and open days
• Maintaining and updating information on the organisation's website
• Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites
• Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
• Commissioning market research
• Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
• Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
• Management of a national and international events calendar and attendees to ensure maximum exposure from appropriate presence.
• Management and coordination of all major internal and external events e.g. Research conferences, exhibitions and lecture series.
• The creation and implementation of policies and procedures which support the consistent delivery of PR and related internal communications.
Experience and Skills:
• 3 years’ experience within a similar role
• Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
• Proven working experience in public relations
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
• Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Solid experience with social media
• Event planning experience
• An appropriate Bachelors qualification in PR/Events and Communication
• A postgraduate qualification is preferred
• May be required to travel and work after hours