Salary to be discussed during the interview
This well known boutique hotel is looking for a seasoned Senior Sous Chef to join their busy kitchen
The hotel offers staff accommodation
* To deputise in the Head Chef's absence.
* To ensure that all chefs and sculleries are familiar with the day's requirements.
* To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
* To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
* To ensure that all staff are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
* To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
* To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
* To ensure that all maintenance problems are timorously reported and followed up.
* To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
* To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
* To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
* To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly.
* To attend seminars and training courses as and when directed.
* To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the profession as a whole.
* All Operational Stock takes are done by the 15 th of each month, and completed by the 17 th of each month.
* FCS Documentation is filled in daily along with temperature sheets
* Invoices and Food flash completed daily
* Check all produce from meat, vegetables, starters and dessert ice creams, bread and petit four plate at 17:30 and then again after service at night.
* Keep track of staff food costing when prices go up.
* In charge of recycling food, and making sure staff take food bins out twice a day. If not, Head chef will make you aware of it, and you will need to address it with the staff that was on duty.
* Check that the daily cleaning gets done
* Sign order sheets when done
* Maintaining consistency with regards to all dishes being put out (same plates & plating)
* Weekly special. Use what we have.(starter, main or dessert)
* Assist in credit note follow up & keeping track
* Fill in the red attendance roster book.
On Application please include:
Your CV in Word format
A recent photo of yourself that is suitable for a job application
A copy of your ID/Passport and work permit if relevant
Reference letters that could make your application stronger
Please email all the documents to