JOB MISSION / PURPOSE
The Lead Developer role includes but is not limited to:
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Design, develop, install, test and maintain a broad range of B1SA software applications using Microsoft Visual Studio and in accordance with established standards.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories estimates and work plans.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Provide third-level support to business users.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
The entire application lifecycle will be managed via Team Foundation Server (TFS). This includes all source code management, requirements management, project management and release management and all within an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. BSc Information Technology or equivalent
2. 5 years plus in similar environment
3. Proven working experience as net developer
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1 ESTIMATE TASKS/PROJECTS
The Lead Developer will come up with estimates for tasks or projects and capture these in TFS. The estimate should include number of approximate hours (or days) required for the task/project, approximate delivery date for the required functionality and their level of confidence in their estimates. Estimates can be reviewed by another developer, lead developer or project manager to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
Further to this, the Lead Developer is required to review other Developer’s estimates for tasks or projects when requested, to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
The Lead Developer is required to engage with the relevant Business Analyst to gain a comprehensive understanding as to what the functionality is to deliver. The Lead Developer is also required to make recommendations with regards to the required system enhancement/functionality so that B1SA designs a product and/or system that not only improves the user experience but delivers a superior product to the market.
The Lead Developer is to ensure that when designing new functionality or system enhancements that the design provides a sound architecture for future development initiatives. The Lead Developer is expected to be familiar with the latest technology best practices to ensure that all future developments are designed within a proven and reliable methodology and approach.
The Lead Developer is to develop any new system functionality and/or system enhancements efficiently. Best practice standards are to be applied in the development phase. The Lead Developer is to ensure that the expected new system functionality and/or enhancements meet the expectations as set out in the Business Requirements document.
5 UNIT TESTING
The Lead Developer is responsible for conducting unit testing on their development work. The Lead Developer is to ensure that comprehensive unit testing is conducted to minimise any “bug” fixes that may arise. The Lead Developer may be required to do unit testing on a peer’s development work as well.
6 DEVELOPMENT TESTING
The Lead Developer is responsible for conducting tests on the worked developed the following list provides a guideline of the required tests but is not limited to this list:
• Conduct user and feature testing
• Conduct process and data acceptance tests
• Performance script development
• Stress testing
• End to end testing
7 QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Lead Developer is to ensure that all work requested to be quality assured is done so comprehensively to ensure that prior to development being launched into the production environment all quality assurance tasks have been conducted accordingly.
8 KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• SDLC – Varying degree of interaction during all phases (Requirements analysis, design and development, unit testing, development testing, QA)
9 FUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS / ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
9.1 Time Management
• Ability to manage time and tasks effectively to ensure that all targets are met in accordance to the Lead Developers Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ability to execute all tasks accurately and effectively.
9.2 Client/Supplier Service
• Ensuring that our client’s expectations are met or exceeded.
• Ensuring that our client’s supplier’s expectations are met or exceeded.
• Ensure that our client’s service level agreements are met or exceeded.
9.3 Financial Management
• Being cost conscious by ensuring that there is no unnecessary expense incurred by B1SA through the wastage of company resources.
9.4 Team Player
• Contributing positively to the culture of the company.
• Support the company in achieving its targets and objectives.
o Attend all internal and external training; participate in training as part of the self-training culture.
o Take ownership of your training and skills development
o Identify areas of weakness, approach the Technology Director for available courses and literature
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Strong C# .NET experience, VB.NET
• Strong ASP.NET MVC
• Strong HTML 5 and CSS 3
• Strong Web Services (ASMX, WCF), WEB API
• Strong Knockout JS, Bootstrap
• Strong Entity Framework 4.5+.
• Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012
• Strong Transact-SQL
• Strong Team Foundation Server, GitHub
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
. Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.