Service Mananger should possess an ITIL Foundation Certificated & the minimum of 3 to 5 years's experience in an IT, ISP or Telecommunications environment.
The Service Manager is accountable to the Manager: Service Management and performs the day-to-day operational and managerial tasks demanded by the process activities.
In general, the Service Manager has:
* Visibility at a management level within the business and in the Customer environment;
* Awareness of the Customer's business priorities, objectives, and business drivers;
* Awareness of the role the business plays in enabling the Customers business objectives to be met;
* Customer service skills;
* Awareness of what the business can deliver to the customer, including the latest products and capabilities;
* The ability to use, understand and interpret the business' processes, policies and procedures and to ensure adherence;
* Good influencing skills and is a good negotiator, as he or she often does not have authority over staff working with his or her processes; The competence, knowledge, and information necessary to perform the role; Must be an effective communicator.
* Keep aware of changing business needs.
* Ensure that the current and future service requirements of customers are identified, understood and raised with the Account Management team.
* Provide input to Third Party Supplier / Contract Management relationships related to Service Targets and ongoing Performance that underpin SLAs.
* Ensure that service reports are produced for each customer service by the 7th of each month and that breaches of SLA targets are highlighted, investigated and actions are taken to prevent their recurrence by initiating Service Improvement Initiatives (SIPs).
* Ensure that service performance reviews are scheduled and carried out with customers on a monthly and quarterly basis and are documented with agreed actions progressed.
* Ensure that improvement initiatives identified in service reviews are documented as a SIP and acted upon and progress reports are provided to customers on a weekly basis.
* Accommodate any existing Service Improvement Plans / Programs within the SM process.
* Identify all stakeholders and Customers. Develop relationships and communication with all stakeholders (internal and external), Customers, and key users.
* Record and manage all complaints and escalate, where necessary, to reach resolution
* Provide measurement, recording, analysis, and improvement of Customer Satisfaction and act upon CSI Feedback with relation to Customers assigned.
* Analyze and review Service Performance against the SLAs.
* Organize and maintain the regular Service Level review process with the Customer which covers:
* Review outstanding actions from previous reviews.
* Review current performance.
* Review Service Levels and Targets (where necessary).
* Agree appropriate actions to maintain/improve Service Levels.
* Initiate any actions required to maintain or improve Service Levels and initiate Service Improvement Plans(SIPs) as required by the defined process.
* Act as the coordination point for any temporary changes to Service Levels required (i.e.: extra support hours required by the Customer, reduced Levels of Service over a period of maintenance required by the Service Provider, etc.).
* Attend Change Advisory Board meetings when appropriate.
* Identify improvement opportunities to make Service Management more effective and efficient.
* Ensure that the Service Level Management Key Performance Indicators are met for the assigned Customers.
* Ensure that the Service Management process operates effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure that reports on Service Performance and Achievement to the Customer and Business are produced, checked and presented regularly and at an appropriate level.
* Monitor and manage the perception and expectation of the customers.
* Escalates Service Level Agreement breaches to line management (directly to section managers, where applicable) and process management.
* Recommends service improvements and initiates Service Improvement Programs.
The Service Level Manager should possess an ITIL Foundation Certificate and be moving forward to achieve the Practitioners Certificate for his or her specific process. A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in an IT or Telecommunications environment is required.