** Driver’s licence and own vehicle essential – not negotiable **
** The position is available immediately. **
** A lot of travelling will be required. **
** Technical and mechanical mind-set. **
The Company offers world leading integrated solutions for the care of people with reduced mobility and related conditions. Based on extensive knowledge and advanced technology we provide superior medical equipment for safe patient handling and hygiene, medical beds and Therapeutic Support Systems™, wound healing, DVT prevention, disinfection and diagnostics. The result is improved care efficiency and provide a safer environment for both patient and career.
The Company South Africa is currently recruiting for a Service Technician, to work within and support the East Rand service structure.
Liaising with the Services Department, Management, Sales and Rental Support, you will be dealing with all the company's clients, but not limited to these.
The Service Technician is required to support all Technical Service Functions in Gauteng. This will include, but not limited to, fault-finding/troubleshooting and repairs on all company equipment. Maintaining strong
customer relations is essential. High efficiency is required in call out turnaround times and in driving technical assessments, improve on customer satisfaction, maximize customer retention and increase profitability.
A full assessment will be part of the search and hiring process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement list below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Adequate stock control on service parts.
- Maintain company vehicle in good condition.
- Maintain Log book for vehicle mileage.
- Install systems to full working capacity.
- Completion of daily activity reports, job cards.
- Maintain warranty procedures and repairs.
- Assist in any service related queries at site of customers.
- Plan weekly visits and schedules to Hospitals
- Maintain customer relationships
- Attend callouts
- Assist Sales Representatives when commissioning.
- Assist with IPC and PAC system repairs.
- Regular travelling out-of-town, attending to service related queries.
- Adhere to safety and quality standards on all The Company products.
- Meet service revenue targets.
- Promote service contracts.
- Assessments in hospitals
- Selling of parts and accessories to achieve sales targets.
Qualification (Skills and Abilities):
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
- Technical and mechanical mind-set.
- Valid driver’s license and PDP.
- Experience in driving company vehicle
- Good commercial acumen.
- Basic computer literacy skills in MS Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently. Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of products.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer Service Orientated.
- Available after hours on ad-hoc basis.
- Available to travel nationally for several days.
- Team worker & player
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Adhere to dead lines