Manchu Group, a business and technology services company based in Sandton, wishes to attract a suitably qualified individual to join our Skills Development team as a Facilitator and Assessor. n Accredited. As a facilitator and assessor, you shall be responsible for the preparation, delivery and assessment of training and development programs. •
Assessors are the glue which holds the learner and the end-result together. They evaluate the skills and competencies demonstrated and provided by the learner and directly engage in providing constructive feedback by means of support and remediation to ensure the learner understands what it takes to reach the desired learning outcome. They are responsible for making a decision if a learner is competent or not yet competent in a specific topic or learning objective. They are great decision-makers and judges and are intuitively built and trained to ensure and see to it that learners are learnt and trained adequately.
• Establish systems to standardize assessment, including the plans for internal moderation
• Monitor consistency of assessment records
• Plan and deliver vocational training programmes and workshops
• Observe and assess candidates in their workplace
• Interview candidates and examine their portfolios of evidence
• Provide feedback and offer advice
• Sign off the award when all requirements are met
• Keep records of candidates' progress
• Co-ordinate assessor meetings
• Liaise with external moderators
• Perform other allocated tasks by Management
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Relevant Information Technology or Engineering degree/diploma from an accredited and recognised tertiary institution.
• MICTSETA Assessor Accreditation essential
• Other SETA accreditations an advantage
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Solid troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.