- Post- matric qualification in Drama, Literature or Fine Art, preferably a BA Degree or BA(Hons.);
- Knowledge of Copyright, especially where it pertains to public performance and broadcast in dramatic/literary works, and reproduction of artistic/literary works is a requirement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one other African language is an advantage;
- A valid drivers' licence and willingness to travel;
- At least 3 years related and relevant working experience;
- Industry knowledge, experience and an existing network within the industry would be an advantage; and
- Product knowledge (plays & musicals) both local and international is essential.
Key Performance areas:
- Identifying and offering the correct licensing options for specific products;
- Negotiating terms & conditions with professional producers/licensees in liaison with international agents;
- Tracking all professional licences to ensure that agreements are adhered to;
- High-level stakeholder engagement - rightsholders and licensees;
- Adherence to DALRO's administrative processes and ensuring that all licensing supporting documentation is issued timeously and correctly;
- Play a supportive and advisory role to the Supervisor in acquiring new repertoire and expanding on the licensing base; and
- Control of all Sales and Hire Materials inclusive of DALRO supplied merchandise, ensuring that stock is available and in good order.