Johannesburg Children’s home (JCH) is one of the oldest Charitable institutions in Gauteng which has provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 127 years. This exciting role within the Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH) is aimed at ensuring ongoing sustainability and continued development of the home. This position is a one year fixed term contract that could be renewed based on good performance.
Key Performance Indicators
This is a one-year fixed term contract renewable based on measured outcomes including business sustainability, an increased client base, turn-over and profit for all the businesses, increased awareness of the JCH SE business brand including an improved social media presence.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Social Enterprise Manager forms part of the Management team and must
• manage the JCH Social Enterprises (SE) to ensure operational effectiveness.
• develop, and grow the current JCH Social Enterprises (SE) to increase profitability.
• generate and develop new opportunities in the SE businesses to create additional revenue.
• The current businesses include:
o a four-bedroom Bed & Breakfast providing good value basic accommodation
o outside catering services to local businesses and private clients
o laundry services primarily bulky items to surrounding suburbs
o a well-appointed Hall on site for rental to customers for rehearsals, events and conferences
o JCH Charity Shop operating on donations.
Key functions across all the businesses include:
1) Marketing, sales, business development: through creative and innovative strategies and hands on sales to attract potential new clients, as well as, retain and further develop existing client relationships.
2) Operations: Overseeing operations of the businesses, establishing and implementing systems and processes, ensuring that the finances are run appropriately and that any spend offers value for money in order to maximise return for JCH.
3) Learning & Development: Ensuring all staff are skilled through training and hands on support and look for opportunities for the children within the home to develop useful life skills through involvement in the businesses.
The ideal candidate must display the following characteristics and experience:
• passion for social development,
• a commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set
• experience of sales and marketing
• experience in managing and developing a successful social enterprise/small business.
• experience in event management and coordination,
• fundraising experience in the NGO sector.
• raining in Social Entrepreneurship will be advantageous.
• innovative nature and problems solving skills
• energy and commitment of a self-starter
Indicate the position that you apply for in the subject line of your application.
Should you not hear from us by the 9 August 2019 please consider your application to be unsuccessful.