The primary focus of the role is to work as part of our technical support team providing support for issues that may require escalation to the development team. The role includes but is not limited to replication and testing of reported customer issues, logging issues with development via Microsoft Azure DevOps and liaising with your colleagues in the Support and Development teams to resolve issues.
- Ability to always provide a high level of support to customers (both internal and external).
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues via email, telephone and remote sessions.
- Replicate reported issues and log with Azure DevOps as appropriate.
- Take part in a weekly ticket triage meeting.
- Working within a technical support environment.
Skills and competencies:
• A technical background in software support.
• In depth experience of at least one backup technology.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
Desirable Experience (not essential):
• Good understanding of Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
• Understanding of Linux and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
• Ability to script in one or more languages. E.g. Microsoft PowerShell
• Networking (including understanding Firewalls, Web filtering and Proxies).
• ISO 27001/9001 Certifications & Standards.