The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998. The MQA now requires the services of an individual to fill the above-mentioned vacant position. Permanent position in line with the SETA landscape.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing, maintaining and supporting the MQA’s Information Technology systems.
The candidate will be required to perform duties that include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Maintain an updated register of all IT equipment, including the description, location and name of the assigned user(s);
• Maintain and file all IT documents in hard and soft copy formats;
• Monitor all issues reported on the MQA’s IT systems and ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed until the issues are resolved;
• Assist the IT Manager in preparing documents for training, meeting or any event that has been scheduled by the IT Manager;
• Extract weekly or monthly reports for monitoring the usage of IT systems as and when requested;
• Ensure that all the approved documents are uploaded online and can be accessed by all MQA staff;
• Perform daily checks on all IT systems to ensure proactive action against potential problems;
• Constantly liaise with the MQA regional offices to ensure their IT systems are functioning properly;
• Log any support issues for the regional offices and ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed until issues are resolved;
• Keep a software inventory and ensure that all MQA software is legal and licensed for usage;
• Facilitate and conduct IT induction programmess for all new users;
• Perform advanced troubleshooting of IT problems before escalating to third parties, i.e. service providers;
• Assist the IT Manager with the mentorship and skills transfer to the IT intern;
• Identify IT risks and their management; and
• Monitor, evaluate and co-ordinate project outputs, and work with external consultants.
• Grade 12 or Matric Qualification;
• A relevant degree in Information Technology at NQF Level 7
• Internationally recognised IT certifications such as MCSE, MCITP, VMware and ITIL will be an advantage;
• At least three (3) years’ in a similar position;
• A strong working knowledge of IT operating systems, particularly Windows Server 2012, Exchange 2010 or Microsoft Office 365, VMware, Veeam Backup and Restore, Network switches, Active directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Dell EMC Storage Area Network;
• Practical experience in installing IT hardware and software;
• Literacy in Microsoft Office packages;
• Demonstrable experience of IT governance frameworks such as COBIT 5 and other ICT legislation in South Africa;
• Having an understanding of the PFMA, PPPFA, and all other legislation applicable to SETA environment will be an advantage;
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of any Storage Area Network; and
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of IT security (Antivirus software and network intruder detection).
• Understanding the dynamics of SETA operations;
• Financial and budget management;
• Analytical thinking, acute trouble-shooting and fault finding abilities;
• Ability to handle enquiries and work under pressure;
• Strong communication skills;
• Project management skills;
• Written and oral reporting skills;
• Professional and technical skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Be results orientated;
• Must be resilient with problem solving abilities; and
• Must be people oriented.