MANCOSA a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education and distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available.
STUDENT ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT MANAGER - DURBAN
The core purpose of the job is to comply with initiatives relating to the key institutional objectives growth, stakeholder engagement and, operational and academic excellence. In doing so the incumbent is responsible for performing a wide range of initiatives related to student retention and customer service.
CORE FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
1. Provide operational direction to the Student Administrative Support Team by:
• Monitoring and evaluating the performance indicators attached to the implementation of the strategic plan.
• Operationalising the strategic goals through the implementation of action plans in collaboration with the Student Administrative Support Team.
• Reviewing the action plans and identify areas where deviances have occurred from outlined objectives.
• Updating the action plans and activities where necessary to realign deviances and overall objectives, and communicate to the team.
In order to achieve overall institutional strategic objectives of operational excellence and
2. Monitor and improve the departmental performance by:
• Communicating weekly targets to the Student Administrative Support Team.
• Reviewing and directing staff performance through analysis of the data extracted from Freshdesk reports and observing staff during student interactions.
• Re-engineering business processes, in accordance with regulatory requirements if applicable, with the purpose of enhancing efficiency and quality of activities executed.
• Analysing daily reports provided by the Student Administrative Support Team and through recorded discussions, provide leadership on the development of quality improvement plans.
• Identifying recruitment requirements as determined by the departmental operations and in collaboration with the Student Services Manager.
• Promoting a continuously improving culture of teamwork and student centricity within the Student Administrative Support Team and within Student Services
• Enhancing communication through verbal, written, electronic and face-to-face interactions within the Student Administrative Support Team
In order to achieve departmental objectives of excellent student service and increased student retention rates.
3. Augment the quality assurance initiatives related to the operations of the Student Administrative Support Team by:
• Collating, analysing and preparing data extracted from the weekly and monthly departmental reports employed within the Student Administrative Support Team, into monitoring reports and supplementary quality improvement plans for submission and approval to the Student Services Manager.
• Collating, analysing and preparing data extracted from the weekly and monthly reports employed within the Student Administrative Support Team, in order to develop trend reports and supplementary quality improvement plans for submission to Student Services Manager.
• Facilitating and recording training imperatives for the Student Administrative Support Team in consultation with the Student Services Manager to improve the quality of student interactions.
In order to ensure that the student experience is continuously improved for the purposes of regulatory reporting.
4. Monitor and improve the Student Administrative Support team by:
• Implementing of retention initiatives mandated by the Programme Coordinators.
• The initiative must relate to students identified as at risk of not completing their programme within the required timeframe.
• Prepare reports as required by the Programme Coordinators to be reviewed by the Student Services Manager.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality of the student experience with MANCOSA’s Student Services Unit.
• Facilitating and implementing improvement strategies across all regions.
In order to ensure that the at risk initiatives are implemented to reduce the risk of not completing their Programme in the minimum period.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably psychology or social science)
• Minimum 2- 5 years’ experience in a customer service related environment.
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Knowledge and a clear understanding of policies, procedures and rules that govern the Higher Education environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Computer literate.
• The individual must be driven by service excellence and have the ability to communicate effectively within a high functioning team environment.
• Good analytical and conflict resolution skills
• Attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
• Exceptional time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Easily adaptable to change
• Must be able to multi-task
• Will be required to work overtime and during the weekends
• Will be required to travel as required