The core purpose of the job is to comply with initiatives relating to the key institutional objectives growth, stakeholder engagement and, operational and academic excellence. In doing so the incumbent is responsible for performing a wide range of initiatives related to student retention and customer service.
Receiving and analysing the Assessment, Verification and Certification Committee reports to categorise students according to their registration status.
Actioning the appropriate follow up mechanism in accordance with the SOP for each registration category identified.
Actioning the appropriate follow up mechanism for Cancellations, Deferrals and Change of Electives (COE) in accordance with the SOP
Tracking each registration across registration categories in alignment with the SOPs and communicated targets.
Reporting daily targets in accordance with key tracking points to the unit line manager and through discussions provide suggestions for the improvement of service and retention initiatives.
Facilitating the resolution of queries and complaints arising from the Student Registration Support unit as well as conducting follow-ups emanating from the customer satisfaction surveys.
Investigating and resolving queries and complaints as determined by the Student Services Manager.
Contributing to re-engineering business processes and applicable policies, in accordance with regulatory requirements if applicable, with the purpose of enhancing efficiency and quality of activities executed.
Directing the flow of email/telephone correspondence and greeting walk in customers in a receptionist role, as determined by operational requirements.
Administering records within the department including but not limited to reports, templates, forms, minutes, policies, plan and procedures by way of development, review and filing.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Relevant computer applications Certificates and or Call Centre system training would be an advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a customer service related environment and a minimum of one (1) year in a sales environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Internet and Email)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess an ability to adopt and solve problems
• Must be able to make sound judgement under pressure
• Deadline driven
• Negotiation skills
• Stress tolerance
• High energy level
• Experience with help desk support would be an added advantage
• Must be able to work weekends and overtime when necessary.