A challenging vacancy exists for Supply Chain Management Practitioner to manage the sourcing of services and goods in accordance with the relevant applicable legislations and SANParks procurement policies, procedures and practices at regional level.
Key Performance Areas:
• Maintain regional contracts registers used as mechanisms to monitor annual payments to service provider.
• Coordinate the identification of regional procurement needs as informed by the Annual Demand Management Plan, Business Plan and Budget
• Provide expert advice to end-users regarding the development of short and long term service level agreements for repeat purchases in conjunction with Supply Chain Corporate Office
• Build, maintain and manage stakeholder relations
• Monitor and report on supply chain transactions as per the directive from Corporate Supply Chain Office
• Manage risks associated with the procurement of services and goods
• Manage an auditable administrative system of the region's assets
• Manage and appraise submissions of the supplier database.
• Coordinate and maintain the pre-vendor qualification directory
• Continuously evaluate the quality of goods and services rendered by the suppliers, and assess their performance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for this position;
• Degree/ Diploma in Supply Chain Management or similar qualification
• Specialist in SCM with 3-5 years’ experience in Public Sector
• Legal knowledge in relation to Supply Chain Management
• Working knowledge of Public Finance Management Act & relevant procurement legislation for public sector
• Computer literacy, MS Office
• Good writing and communication skills
• Managerial skills, analytical skills, negotiation skills, facilitation skills, organizing skills, Customer service skills.
The Cost to Employer remuneration package is based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson grading C4.The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
Only interested persons who meet the above stated requirement should send their detailed CV, cover letter, certified copies of qualification, ID and drivers licence to the following address: