Main Responsibilities / Tasks
• UPSite support for the client’s Desktop systems including printers, projectors and VC systems.
• Site support for client’s Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2007 and related desktop software.
• Ensure that all the documentation and procedures concerning systems ownership are updated and followed.
• Ensure that daily/weekly/monthly tasks are followed as per the detailed checklists.
• Liaise with outside vendors ensuring minimum downtime to the client systems.
• Supervise work undertaken by hardware, software suppliers and contractors to ensure quality meets company and client standards.
• Obtain an in depth understanding of the infrastructure installations at client’s site
• In conjunction with the on-site engineers ensure relevant documentation for the above is up to date:
• Identify areas for service improvement from all the above. Ensure a process of continuous improvement is carried out.
• Assist with proof of concept testing when required. Provide input and assist with infrastructure expansion designs and installations.
• Adhere to company and client safety policies and procedures
• Respond to calls logged within SLA – General system calls, Maintenance Tasks, Change Controls and escalations.
Resolve any relevant onsite system issues
Knowledge and skills
• MCSA / MCSE
• Extended knowledge on Desktop hardware and software on Windows based systems.
• A broad knowledge in Computer Networking, Applications and Operating Systems is essential
• A systematic approach in general IT fault finding.
Education, Qualifications, Experience Necessary
• Three to Four years’ experience as a MCSE or MCSA on Desktop hardware and software on Windows based systems.