My client is a top provider of Higher Education and Training and they need a Teaching and Learning Manager to join their Central Academic Faculty urgently.
The ideal candidate must be available for an immediate start.
Please only apply if you have a MASTERS DEGREE and come from the ACADEMIC SECTOR!!
The Teaching and Learning Manager will work with the Dean and Heads of Faculty to develop the quality of the contribution of the Central Academic Team's academics to the curriculum, material and assessments in The Institute's programmes, for contact, distance and electronic modes of delivery.
A similar responsibility extends to the developers and moderators working with the central team.
The T&L Manager has a direct quality assurance role in the development of new curricula for accreditation.
Key areas of responsibility
* Assessment of the educational/teaching and learning knowledge and skills of heads of programmes, developers and moderators and the development and implementation of individual and collective strategies and interventions for improving these.
* Quality assurance of academic material and assessments including interventions as needed.
* Promotion of the Institute's Teaching and Learning Policy.
* Collaboration with the R&D Manager, Faculties and brands with the development of new programmes for accreditation in particular quality assurance of curriculum design against HEQC standards and criteria.
* Support of the Instructional Design team in the extension of the required skills for curriculum presentation through the learning management system
* Promotion of best practice in teaching and learning at the brands.
* Other relevant responsibilities as may be delegated from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least a Master's degree in an education and/or teaching and learning/ education methodology/ teaching support field or other relevant qualification - This is not Negotiable.
* 5 years' experience in higher education preferably in a role that focuses on teaching, learning and assessment
Competencies - experience
* Experience in an education environment is required (preferably higher education).
* Experience in development and quality assurance of learning material and assessments at different levels and modes of delivery is essential.
* Experience in supporting the development of teaching and learning of lecturers and material developers would be advantageous.
* Training and/or lecturing and/or facilitation and/or teaching experience required.
* Experience working on a learning management system (advantageous)
Competencies - skills and knowledge
* Superior interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to develop and mentor peers.
* Superior communicative competency (written and verbal) in English.
* Understanding of the complexities of second or third language education and communication for students and staff.
* Computer literacy.
* Proven ability to lead others using strategies other than positional authority.
* Training capacity - from design to implementation.
* Action research would be advantageous.
* Proven ability to work constructively in a team, display initiative, manage own work including competing demands against tight deadlines and managing work to successful completion - including problem resolution.
* Understanding of the higher education regulatory environment particularly the accreditation environment and associated quality assurance issues (preferable).
Other job related information
* Travel and work outside of normal office hours are inherent to this job
Salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.