The purpose of this role is to lead a team responsible for successful technical project delivery This person is responsible for project delivery of the team, process efficiencies, team efficiencies and leadership of a team.
Provides technical analysis & design
• Analyses and designs existing systems and evaluate the business impact of changes, enhancements and new designs
• Compiles designs for various projects meeting the business and client requirements
• Carries out sufficient research and development to identify new trends and features that could be incorporated to enhance the current system to improve business processes and productivity
• Provides input at the technical forum refine technical documentation enabling the development process to be efficient and meeting client requirements
• Produces the necessary documentation that supports the software development design
• Provides assistance in the user gathering requirements process and present ideas to the user ensuring all technical and design aspects are understood and agreed
•Provides high level guidance to internal staff on the whole system and how the modules fit in the system
• Understands 3rd party systems and liaises with 3rd parties ensuring that the application work efficiently
• Liaises with the client to ensure all technical requirements/ application concerns are attended to in a professional and client service driven manner
• Provides technical direction for development and design to the development team
• Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet customer requirements more efficiently and effectively
Managed build process
• Provides guidance and support to developers in providing the best technical solution that is sustainable and meets the client’s requirements
• Acts in the role of a senior developer to assist with complex coding solutions in accordance to the quality and deadlines required of the project
• Produces code for a stipulated program and in accordance to the agreed design
• Provides estimates of effort required to complete the projects, working closely with the project manager, this would include but not be limited to analysis of development time, skills and resources required
• Assists with the allocation of tasks to resources to ensure that the workload is evenly spread to meet business goals and within the relevant team member's level of competence and ability
• Provides unit testing and code walk –through reviews ensuring quality standards are met
• Reviews and maintains coding standards
• Provides technical trouble shooting guidance to the team to ensure that the project requirements are met within the agreed timeframes
• Conduct UAT's on developed system to ensure that the application meets the quality standards required by the client and company
Managed implementation rollouts
• Coordinates the rollout of the system on client site ensuring that it is functioning effectively and efficiently.
• Provides guarantee period support to the client ensuring client issues are dealt with professionally and timeously.
• Provides a comprehensive hand over to the retainer support team allowing them to meet the client’s expectations of quality service
• Documents system manual reviews in a clear and comprehensive manner
• Evaluates implementation queries based on project priorities
• Manages resources through providing guidance, mentorship, support and developmental opportunities to aid team members to meet project deadlines and quality
• Provides status reporting inclusive of but not limited to utilisation plans, project updates, process improvements and team initiatives
• Monitors and allocates resources to meet project deadlines
• Assists with the recruitment of resources, based on technical competence and experience, ensuring potential candidates meet the project requirements
• Conducts and provides input to the performance appraisals of team
Education & Qualification
• BSc/ BCom degree
• 8 years development experience
• Detailed and wide range technical knowledge across entire domain systems.
• Expert technical knowledge (Oracle & Java platforms)
• Maintains high levels of understanding of product knowledge and business domain knowledge
• Excellent leadership/ management skills
• Proven process improvement experience
• Advanced design and analysis skills (includes database design)
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Exposure or training with Oracle ADF and web logic server.
• Must have proven experience in leading a team of a minimum of three members.