Technical Sales Representative - Machinery
R25 000 p.m. Basic + Lucrative Commission + petrol
Medical Aid and Pension Fund
Our Client is looking for a technical sales rep to market and sell High-End computer-controlled Flatbed German manufactured flatbed cutting machines for for the precise CAD/CAM processing for use in a variety of applications.
The successful individual will sell in South Africa and other SSA territories. As well as to make a significant influence in the market.
Marketing & promotion
• Responsible for promoting to existing and new customers as well as engaging technically in assessing needs and informing them of the value and benefits of the products.
• Working together with the Marketing Division ensure the product is appropriately marketed to receive the best brand exposure ;
• Conduct detailed market research/ground planning to identify leads and develop a sustainable funnel of prospects and opportunities
• Attend appropriate trade shows in order to promote, demonstrate and meet with potential customers
• Arrange demonstrations and site visits as required
• Develop a clear strategy and sales plan for the product
• Apply proven sales methodologies in disciplined manner
• Schedule sales appointments and activities
• Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of new and existing customers
• Build and maintain healthy sales funnel according the sales process
• Calculate costing’s and configure offers to generate quotes
• Ensure high sales close ratio versus number of quotations
• Demonstrate excellence in Sales activities
• Exceed monthly sales goals
After Sales Service
• Work with the technical service team to ensure excellence in after sales service
• Daily and weekly input of CRM system to maintain database
• Maintain positive business and customer relationships to prolong customer lifetime value
• Submit weekly reports to the Division Head and Principal
• Report back monthly to divisional Exco meeting
• Matric plus minimum of 4 years consistent Technical SALES experience, no job hoppers!
• Proven track record of success in the sales environment from an Industrial background – advantage if sold in the automobile or engineering industry
• Experience of Selling parts for machinery is not negotiable!!!
• MUST be willing and able to travel nationally – VERY NB!!
• Knowledge and experience on computers, MS Office, related design software
• Must have a technical background
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
• Highly motivated, determined, self-driven and target driven
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to produce reports displaying progress
• Ability to create and deliver client presentations
• Must have excellent time management and personal organization skills